Our Charity - The Mustard Seed School Lunch Program
About The Charity
The Mustard Seed School Lunch Program is designed to meet a need in our community by providing nutritious lunches to vulnerable students all across Red Deer. Every school day, volunteers make between 350-400 lunches that are delivered directly to over 30 schools. In 2018, they made 56,000 lunches for hungry kids right here in Red Deer! This program is made possible by the generous support of many donors and volunteers.
Keeping proper nutrition in mind, the lunches they pack include a whole wheat sandwich, a serving of fresh fruits and vegetables, and a snack item (cookie, muffin, granola bar etc.) All of the lunches are made fresh in house the day that they are delivered and are nut free. They are always looking for donations of fresh fruit and nut free snacks, as well as the gift of time. They presently have openings for early morning sandwich makers and delivery drivers. Please contact their volunteer coordinator for more info... firstname.lastname@example.org
100% of all donations for The Mustard Seed School Lunch Program received through the Red Deer PCN Women's Fun Run will go to benefit children in our community.
Thank you for your support!
Here's how YOU can help!
1. Donate on EVENTBRITE - this can be done when you are registering for the race or as a stand-alone donation anytime up until May 6th. Our Eventbrite system will be open January 1st.
2. Donate in person at Package Pickup or on race day at The Mustard Seed booth in the expo.
3. Print off a PLEDGE FORM to collect from friends, family and neighbours. Turn in pledge forms and all payments by 7:00pm at package pickup on May 8th. Cheques should be made payable to "The Mustard Seed".
4. Set up an ONLINE FUNDRAISING PAGE (through Crowdrise) to share by email or on social media. Deadline for online donations to your fundraising page is 7:00pm on Friday May 8th. Please check back for a link to set up your fundraising page.
5. Register to participate in the COMMUNITY DIAPER DASH (see info below). Please send your full name and business/organization (if applicable) by email to: email@example.com
Click on the image below for Information on the Community Diaper Dash